Wednesday 1 July 2009

OOOO Why did I see THIS


Though the best of my Bong friends defy my not-so-listenable opinion about Bongs in general, I still can't let go of my bias...but I have to confess I absolutely DOTE on their ROSHOGULLAs (besides Jhal-muri, Tagore's songs, Bong beauties, to name a few).

O why did I decide to sit and blog hop so early in the morning and land at Bongspeak. Hilarious post and an admirable attitude to go with it (very un-Bong-ly), but just as I was jotting my comment and closing that tab, I had a second full look at the pictures.....roshugullas.......and I kept looking.........helplessly.....where in Telegubad would I get authentic Bong Roshogullas...at least I never found the ones of my taste till date.....Even the ones in Delhi were better. Back home, my hometown is flaked with Bongs, Marwadis and Bangladeshis. Though dal-bati-churma could be had by invitation-only (at Marwadi friends house), the Bongs had made their Roshogullas pretty ubiquitous and along with the local Bongs, we Assamese think of it as our staple dessert. Just that we have it with yoghurt (doi-rosogula, as we pronounce it, without emphasis on 'sh' and 'll'). This time when I was home in April, I had this finger-licking-great Khejooror Rosogula (made from dates). And man, it was something tellya. But I have never tasted Kolkatas Roshogulla and it'll be months before Reah-from-Kolkata will come Hydwards.

Good Lord...it's 10 am and I've to wake D up, switch on the geyser, take a shower, pack my lunch, have breakfast and head for work. And I do not have TIME to go surf the city for my Roshogullas. He Bhagwaan aj ka din kaise bitega without Roshogullas.......Boooooo hooooooo
[Just why I steer clear of Bongs]

15 comments:

v said...

Can I buy you some to make up for my comments? Or you may consider it as bribe for my future comments. Your pick.

Preethi said...

Girl.. I am going to Kolkatta for Durga Puja! :)

And yes.. you do get good Rasagullas in Hydie.. dont insult us by saying you wont get anything here!

And no, dont fall for V's bribe! You will pay for it later! He still owes me 3 ice-creams! :)

Ann Dee said...

@ Scarlett

I knew my true-blue Hyderabadi will have a word for me on that. Chalo tall claims later, batao kaha milta hai. I'll taste and verify.

V the Villain does not just want to make-up but bribe me for future mud-sling. So chalu nei? And I know those Roshogullas will never arrive.

Anonymous said...

Someday, I'll make you eat ''good'' roshogollas :P

Ann Dee said...

Hi Anamika...thank you and welcome...

But your comment has the feel of "someday I'll teach you a good lesson"...you sure do not mean that right? ;P

Unknown said...

I aint a great fan of roshogoollas , infact they make me puke if truth be told, but i am fan of bengali mach. and i totaly agree with your views on bong beauties.Ah why did u remind me of all those raima and rimi sens.

Ann Dee said...

@ T Rex
OOOO how could I forget Bong ilish macher bhappa. Reminded me of my Ma-ke-haath ka khana. :(

I guess this will pass on. ROFL Indian reminded me of Roshogulla, I reminded you of Riya-Raima, you again gave me this hankering for mach.

Torture man...

Anonymous said...

I always love the Rasagullas :) they are really, really tasty :)

Zeba said...

coming to your blog at this time ws a BAD idea. VERY bad!! Me hungry now. I love rasgulla as well. :-)

Ann Dee said...

@ Z

Welcome sweety...

Good for me...I now have one more partner in hell now...rotting without Roshogullas. :)

Shanu said...

Ohh I love roshgullas!! U made me miss them..damn u!

eye-in-sty-in said...

Yaar! rosogullas are such a sweet delicacy I tell you! Absolutely love love love them!

Olive Oyl said...

i,m having around 7-8 daily of this thanks to a pathetic tummy upset :p i love life :p

Ann Dee said...

@ Olive Oyl

Kolkata's Roshogulla right?

Friends? ;P

Shrinidhi Hande said...

I too like Rasagullas